Skip to main content

6 Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Brandson | Book Review

6 Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Branden

What can you learn from this book?

The author takes an objective stance on self-esteem, demonstrating how self-esteem can affect our ability as a person. I quote from the book, "... it is a dangerous moment in history not to know who we are or not trust ourselves. The stability we cannot find in the world we must create within our own persons".

Nathaniel breaks down the internal factors (what "I" say about "myself" and how it strengthens my beliefs) and external factors (what people do and say to you) that can affect one's ability to live a self-fulfilled and optimal life.

Who can benefit from this book?
Anyone can benefit from reading this book. Individuals can learn more about their own behavior and what they can do about it (if they wish to change). Teachers can teach better, parents can become better parents, and business leaders can become better leaders.


Review

5/5
I read this book when I was 21 years old, and it's a book that changed my life. I read this book from start to finish about 2 to 3 times. What's great about the book is it includes exercises for self-esteem development. I read it often to measure my progress on self-esteem.
What I love about this book is that it challenges thoughts by the help of self-reflection. As I was reading the book, I could "see" my friends and families behavior.

After reading this book, I became better at forming relationships. What we say about ourselves are powerful. It can transform us in ways we don't expect. It can take over our lives in ways we don't expect.

The impact of this book on me on a daily basis was strong. I shared my book with friends and family. What I noticed is that not everyone read the entire book. Some only read 10 pages, while others read about a half of it. It may be because one of two things: (1) the book wasn't interesting enough for them, (2) or because it takes a lot of effort on their part to self-reflect -- it can be too much for them bear.

Some people may look at the book as promoting individualism. I believe it promotes social responsibility to lift another person's self-esteem.

You don't have to finish the book for you to make changes. I believe, that as an entrepreneur, a healthy self-esteem is very important. Also, as information spreads faster than ever before through technology and social media, a healthy self-esteem is needed to take on the challenges of a fast-paced world.

I'd like to know what you think about this book. You can send me a message, or we can continue the discussion by leaving a comment below.

Disclaimer: This review contains an affiliate marketing link -- which means I may get paid commission on sales of the product that I use to pay for my morning cup o' joe. This doesn't influence my views and opinion about the product being reviewed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Workforce Analytics for a Small Business

Reading time: 10 mins Workforce Analytics & Small Business Approaching your workforce as numbers and transactions is something that many new business owners are not comfortable with, myself included. No matter how robotic and heartless this is portrayed in movies, owners who take advantage of analysis through metrics create better working environments and, if leaders are good decision makers, it can increase employee satisfaction that can reduce employee turnovers. By all means, treat your employees as people. Lead your people. And leading people right means taking necessary and appropriate decisions. Business development is a continuous process. With data, businesses can keep up with the everyday challenges of businesses. Development and improvement rely on benchmarks, and what better way to monitor progress with data. It is difficult to improve on what you can't measure. The Importance of Human Resource Analytics While workforce analytics has been around for ...

Business Intelligence 101: How can data save your business from closing?

In business, making decisions require something more than intuitions. People in decision-making positions need confidence. Making data-driven decisions will not eliminate risk, but being informed increases confidence and reduces guess-work. Data helps businesses gain a competitive advantage over its competitors. These can range from understanding market conditions to improving business systems and operations. These improvements in business systems include things such as improvement in employee retention rate, and better inventory management, to name a few. With the advantages data brings to the business table, it has become a business asset in the modern world. Because if this, it can mean the difference between success and failure. Although data analysis is mostly done by companies who have the additional resources, our technological advances make data analysis available to smaller companies. Capturing data and data analysis is affordable that it can be done on a free cloud-b...

Top Three Reasons Why Business Is Difficult And What You Can Do About It

Image by iosphere at FreeDigitalPhotos.net It is widely known in the entrepreneurship world that 8 (sometimes 9) out of 10 new businesses fail in just 5 years. I'm pretty sure you've seen this statistic before but fortunately, an article by Paul Jarvis states why 8 out of 10 new businesses fail is a myth .